SEIU MEMBERS ARE VOTING FOR A BETTER LIFE FOR OUR FAMILIES
As service and care workers - Black and white, Asian and Latino - we put in the work to keep our communities going. In 2022, SEIU members are voting for leaders who will respect our work and stand up for our families. Get involved by attending a workshop, joining an action, meeting SEIU members who are running for office, and making a plan to vote.
What we?re fighting for
Good union jobs that make it possible to live, not just survive. A government that works for all of us ? no matter what color skin we have. Thriving, safe communities for all working families.
Respect for our work. No matter our race, education, or zip code, working Americans deserve to be protected, respected, and paid fairly for the work we do.
Unions for all: the freedom to join together. All working people ? no matter what kind of jobs we do ? should be free to join together to negotiate for better jobs.
Checks and balances against corporate greed. Corporations should pay the taxes they owe and pay every worker enough to build a secure future and contribute to our communities.
Democracy and freedom. We stand against extremist politicians who want to make it harder to vote based on what we look like or where we live. All working voters should be free to safely and freely cast our ballots so our elections reflect the will of the people.
What We Want
- Unions for All: Make it easier for working people to form unions so more of us can negotiate for better wages, benefits, and work-life balance.
- Hold corporations accountable when they attempt to use war and pandemic as an excuse to raise prices for groceries, housing, and transportation.
- Protect our freedoms: stop attacks on working women's access to safe and affordable reproductive healthcare. Stand up against attacks on our LGBTQIA+ family, friends, and co-workers. Stop attacks on our freedom to raise our families and retire in dignity.
- Safe, fair voting or everyone so we all have an equal say in our democracy and can elect leaders who govern for all of us, no exceptions.
- Make healthcare coverage and prescription drugs more secure and affordable.
- Affordable, clean energy and more support for working families hit hard by fires, floods, and storms.
- A roadmap to citizenship for new American immigrants.